Many folks today sleep in a state of chronic stress, anxiety, and depression, starting from minor hassles like stuck in traffic jams to serious worries, such as a loved one’s grave illness.
Take a moment to observe yourself, if you observe carefully you would probably find some part of your body or mind is tense or uncomfortable you need to settle down and relax your tired muscles.
What I Prefer
There would be so many relaxation techniques like deep breathing and visualization, but here I am sharing a method that helped me a lot, A relaxation technique for relieving stress from your muscles followed by a guided meditation on the heart by the Heartfulness organization.
It is especially helpful when done before meditation. Practicing it few minutes per day can provide a reserve of inner calm.
Relaxation meditation is the best way to do this. Heartfulness provides guided meditation free of cost. I’ve been following it for the last 2-3 years, it really helps so at first read these following steps calmly then practice and experience it yourself:
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes slowly and gently
- let’s, begin with the toes, move your toes, now feel that they are relaxing, feel healing energy from the earth move up into your feet and ankles.
- Then up to your knees, relax your lower legs, now feel the healing energy move up to your legs, relaxing them
- Relax your thigs and now deeply relax your hips, stomach, and waist
- Then relax your back from the top to the bottom, now your entire back is relaxed
- Relax your chest and shoulders, feel your body is simply melting away
- Relax your upper arms, relax each muscle in your forearm, relax your hands right up to your fingertips
- Now relax your neck muscles, move your awareness up to your face, relax your jaw, mouth, nose, eyes, earlobes, facial muscles, forehead all the way to the top of your head
- Feel that your whole body is completely relaxed, scan your system from top to toe, and if there any part of your body that is still tense painful, or unwell spend some more time immersing it in the healing energy of the earth
- When you are ready to move your attention to your heart, rest there for a little while feel immersed in the love and light in your heart, remail still and quiet, and slowly become absorbed in yourself, remain absorbed for as long as you would like until you are feeling able to begin.
Benefits Of Meditation
- Daily practice of meditation can help to reduce stress and controlling anxiety
- Increases surrounding awareness
- Promotes emotional health
- Increases imagination and creativity
- Improves mental health
- Increase self-awareness
Here I am sharing the video of the heartfulness relaxation method, this will helps you to understand the instructions in an easy way.
Source: Practice Heartfulness YouTube
For more details, you can visit their official website www.heartfulness.org
Related Yoga poses to stress and anxiety
I hope this method will help you to get rid of the stress or pain you are facing. If you have any queries regarding this method or related to meditation, write down it in the comment section below.